Thursday, May 15, 2008

poem--- strawberries

Is this beginning the birth of me?
Or merely a pass through death?
There are many things I wish I could see
That are hidden by my breath.

I Want to venture all round the world
But I'm chained forever here
From this cage I wish I were hurled
But I'm locked in by my fear.

You stand outside with eyes of gold
And shining heart to match
But as I look in, I behold
A gaze I cannot catch.

But I observe and remember
A forgotten time untold
When fueled by love's lone ember
Your being i would hold.

Now you turn and walk away
Giving your hair a toss
How I wish you would please stay
My fear replaced with loss.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To Poet Joe:

I remember the feelings you describe in "strawberries". Chained forever - not really. But it sure can feel like forever.

I can't explain why, but I really like the last stanza. I can see it - feel it.

Mrs. R.